While I have many goals that I want to accomplish (it’s really a running list that never ends), my number one goal is to take time to refocus. We’re well into the year and I want to take some time to look at my year’s personal goals and see how I can adjust my strategy for the remaining months. So often I get caught up in the daily grind that it takes away from what’s actually important to me. Tell me I’m not the only one who feels this way, ha!
Top 5 Personal Goals for Spring & Summer
– I’ve signed up with Orangetheory and will be going a minimum of twice a week moving forward. My goal is to increase my core strength and I’m excited about starting this new fitness routine.
– I want to push my videography skills and film with more interesting angles (instead of just sit down) for my Youtube channel. I want to play around with incorporating b-roll shots and allot more time to film and edit. I’m passionate about filming (and photography) and love learning new techniques to improve myself.
– House-wise, I want to get an outdoor umbrella for my backyard. I do get a good amount of shade towards the end of the day but I definitely want one for lunches and when I’m just sitting outside in the afternoon. I’m thinking Target or Bed, Bath and Beyond are good spots to start looking. Let me know if you have any recs in the comments below!
– My Amazon shopping list is FILLED with books I want to get. They’re mostly business and marketing related but that’s what I love to read #nerdalert. I’ve just ordered my first round of books and my goal is to get through most of them by June.
– Blog related, I want to do more collaborations with other bloggers either in blog post or video format. I haven’t nailed down the details yet but my goal is to get at least 1 collaboration up over the next month. Not only do I think it’s important to support other bloggers, I also think you as a reader would benefit from being exposed to new faces that I think are amazing.
Remembering my Personal Goals for the Year
In January I filled out a good portion of my Day Designer work sheets. I still have a bit to fill in and have a better understanding of my goals now that the year is in full swing. Such as what my ideal month is, my ideal week, etc. I’ve also looked at what I wrote down in January and compared what I’ve gotten accomplished from that. There’s a few things that haven’t happened and a few things that have. June will be here before we know it and when it comes, I want to be prepared to kick butt in the second half of 2018.
If you enjoy reading other people’s goals because it gives you motivation to set your own (at least that’s the case for me), make sure to check out following blogs and their goals: